Friday, March 6, 2009

while you were out...

my birthday was on wednesday, i did my normal wed routine. went to the Y to work out and then to help in garrets class and sit with him while he eats lunch. then i met some friends at a girly little sandwich shop. it was so nice. it has been a long time since i have had such good friends. i am so thankful for the ladies the lord has put in my life right now.

so while i was out all morning, dave was surpising me with a new desk for the kitchen. in order to put the desk where i wanted it, dave had to close off the wall. in doing this, i feel like we have a real bedroom now. (there used to be a door way that lead from our bedroom to the kitchen, not very private.)

so here is the desk. i have been working on painting it a teal color. dave did such a good job building it. he is so talented. 90% of the wood he used is from trees from the camp! ok so i will post more pics once it is painted.

1 comment:

Tara said...

WOW! That is awesome! I love the desk and I know you've been wanting to enclose your bedroom for quite some time now. What a wonderful and thoughtful present from your hubby! I can't wait to see it all completed!

So glad that you had a good birthday. Love you girl!