Wednesday, August 3, 2011

confidence

“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.” Hebrews 10:35-36 (NIV)

i have always struggled with confidence. always talking myself out of doing something or trying something because i think i will fail at it or concerned about what others will think. as i read this devotion today, the Lord was really speaking to me. check it out. it is so good.

Lord, I want to become a woman with a confident heart in Christ. Will you help me recognize when I throw away my confidence, and remind me to throw away my insecurities instead? I want to persevere in Your truth so that when I have done Your will, I will receive what You have promised. When doubt or insecurity tells me I can’t do something, I will remember that all things are possible to her who believes. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

5 comments:

Ruth Poirier said...

Important for me also, I feel the same way. Who will laugh or make fun at my expense if I fail. So thankyou for this I will remember and pray for us both!

Tara said...

Beautiful post Bonnie and so important for us all to remember. I think confidence is something that us women seem to struggle with in one way or another. Thanks for sharing!

katiew said...

amen, sister. :)

Linda said...

Beautiful verse, picture and heartfelt words. We all need to be reminded...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the morning boost!